Saturday 26 April 2008

Boom... DOH... Boom

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe: "We live in a space ship, dear."



Strange evening for me, I was hanging out in station when reports filtered down that there was a Drake outside criminally flagged. A friend undocked in his Drake and was engaged, I boarded my Sleipnir and undocked, the fight very short and unremarkable, sentries doing the bulk of the damage to the unfortunate pilot. He was very verbose about the fact we were outdamaged by sentries but then he died to them with our help so his smack was weak.

Another Drake caught our attention in a system next door and a small gang was assembled to engage but he kept moving and our prober couldn't get a good position. While waiting on the gate to the system a Brutix and Curse had warped to the gate, Curse jumping through but Brutix engaged me. No biggie I thought, but a Rapier uncloaked and webbed me, I was going nowhere, my gangmates unsure of what was going on. My Hurricane went down in flames and I warped my escape pod out. I got on comms with my hangar crew and told them to prep another Hurricane ASAP, I was going back in and this time my gang mates had entered the fray. A quick dock and I was back and this time someone was going down, the Brutix bearing the wrath of my autocannons. With the tide turning the Rapier and Curse disengaged, a wise choice but a very good fight and respect to them.

I'm also training some interesting skills at the moment, just recently finished tech 2 small lasers and busy skilling up for tech 2 small blasters, going to add the Gallente Tech 2 Frigates to my repertoire of Minmatar, Caldari and Amarr small ships. Just a detour from my long skills that have been boring me senseless, looking forward to having some fun getting used to new and different styles of fighting.

No comments: