Monday 17 November 2008

Guess who's back?

He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.
- Douglas Adams

Something wicked this way comes

It's a curious thing... Space. The allure of the darkness and the ability it has to consume your every waking moment. It's really dark in space, well, except for all the light. Oh boy the light, the agent dispatched to help with tonight's operation shields his eyes as his systems go off-line, the sheer amount of energy to do what he just did totally incapacitating his ship.

The Cynosaural Field is used to move ships too big to jump through regular stargates. Months of preparation and training had led to this moment as Keira jumped the massive Archon carrier into Gusandall for the first time. The NovaKane fleet has a new flagship.

I always said I will never fly anything bigger than a Command ship but Keira had spent so much time training to be an epic command pilot she decided to move it up a gear and spec towards Capital ships, mainly because she could and partly just to annoy me, at least that's the way I see it.

Interesting times ahead :D

Back with a bang

mandaro > EIFER GATE GUS NOW NEED DPS

Not the most eloquent of requests but short and to the point. What did they have tackled, what juicy treat would welcome me back into my world? The one place I'm truly at home. Which poor soul was having a bad day? Guess his day was about to become decidedly worse.

The Fifth Elephant™ slides effortlessly out of the dock and enters space... It's been a long time but it's like breathing, it's just natural. I engage warp towards the gate and head on in, only intel I've gleaned is that the unfortunate pilot was flying a Charon Freighter and he refused to answer the ransom offer. I entered the fray in the only way I know how, guns a blazing and soon the Charon would join the endless debris in space. Empty and no ransom but a welcome kill for me personally, a nice easy and relaxing way to ease myself back into the darkness.

It's good to be back

3 comments:

Carole Pivarnik said...

Hey, Kane...good to see you back. I've missed your posts. One Archon in, one Charon down...balance in all things, eh? Especially when it's in your favor :) Hope to see you in space sometime soon. I think.

Spectre said...

Welcome back Kane :)

Anonymous said...

Brother Kane is back. Hope your batteries are charged with more pirate kung fu juice than you know what to do with!