Wednesday 18 March 2009

Be a voice, not an echo

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Night Watch)

It's been a while, the inspiration to chronicle my adventures has been slim, besides, I haven't really been up to much.

Wormhole space has opened new doors so to speak and I've spent a bit of time exploring these new and exciting anomalies. However, two things make it difficult for a solo Pirate, there's either no targets or there are massive gangs rolling about. The Sleepers found in these wormholes are tenacious, more so than many capsuleers I've encountered and present another obstacle to me.

So Wormhole space for the solo Pirate is difficult, not impossible but it requires slightly more effort than I'm willing to invest at this point.

The new probing systems however are very nice and my covops friend has spent a lot of time testing them on simulators and is enjoying the new strength and accuracy with which she can find targets in New Eden. We'll be paying a visit to our ISK farming friends in Ingunn Soon™

As far as combat goes, not much to report, a few fights here and there when I could be bothered to undock, eventually lost a two year old Wolf assault frigate to another Wolf pilot. We had three good fights over the course of the day. First was him running from my Ishkur, Second saw him burn his guns out against my Jaguar and the Third saw his Wolf at 40% hull when I exploded. A Damage Control saving him long enough to destroy my Wolf. Don't laugh at the fit, it's an old Wolf that came with me from 0.0 almost two years ago.

So that's about it from me.

If you want to see some great Frigate action, check out General Coochie's video, some amazing Tech 1 frigate madness, inspiring stuff. Cooch is a corpmate of my friend flashfresh who's blog I highly recommend you read.

I leave you with a bit of chat from one of my regular hangouts:

Ogogov > o/
Lei Marginale > o/ Og
Ogogov > anything up this morning?
Lei Marginale > not much, losing ship
Ogogov > uhoh, WH again?
Lei Marginale > no, russians :)
Lei Marginale > those little buggers are almost as intelligent as sleepers
Ogogov > LOL

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watched Coochie's video and it was great. You may like this one too.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.as ... ID=1025677

Sard Caid said...

I laughed at the Russian comment. Does that make me a bad person?

Helicity Boson said...

You're right though. It is -awfully- quiet. Seems everyone is exploring the wormholes for now. But I'm fairly sure the initial love-affair with them will soon end and things will go backto normal.

Carole Pivarnik said...

Two thumbs up for Cooch's video. Nice to see a post from you, Kane. I personally love the new probing mechanics.