Sunday 29 August 2010

Real Life: An MMO without boundaries

Hello there :)

I... Am... Still... Alive.
And stronger than ever.

Almost two months since CCP gave me the opportunity to kick yet another nasty habit, I thought I'd give an update.

I am now eleven weeks Clean and Clear. I quit smoking, drinking and drugs. At the time I also needed to get rid of other disruptive crutches in my life and EVE had to go. I still miss the game, the friends I had made and especially chatting to the guys from Mean Coalition.

I am however not coming back... Not just yet :) I won't say never but real life has become more interesting to me than games.

In this time away I've started running again, gone on dates, braved nightclubs sober and not punched anybody, failed at the dating :) hung out with friends and watched a ton of movies.
I started playing other games and learnt I really suck at FPS although I giggle like a motherfucker every time I stab a sniper aka wookie in Bad Company 2.
I have in general just enjoyed life.

Y'all stay strong and never surrender :)
Hugs and Kisses

Kane

11 comments:

Kirith Kodachi said...

Glad to see you're enjoying life, man. No worries on the dating thing, it'll come when you're ready.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on staying clean and clear. Soon it'll be 11 months, and before you know it, 11 years.

Keep enjoying life!

Laedy said...

Hey!
I don't really know you, but I've enjoyed your blog, and just wanted to say, that was a really inspiring post :)
We all have crutches like that in life, and it's awesome to hear others overcome and enjoy life to the full.
All the best mate!

Phreggs said...

BF:BC2 - add me if you would like a bud. IGN; Phreggs

Nashh Kadavr said...

much love man, glad to hear you are keeping well.

Anonymous said...

Kane you're being so gay. I'm sure it'll wear off though.

-- Jack

Asssassin X said...

Come and try World of Tanks Kane....great fun :D

Anonymous said...

Whats you IGN in Bad Company 2 ?

Kane Rizzel said...

My IGN is the same as most other games I play, Kane Rizzel

Carole Pivarnik said...

Kane, I've been quietly keeping up with your great progress on Facebook...and gotta say, you GO, boy! Hang in there and stick with your plan! If there is a balance point for adding a little EVE to the mix sometime, you'll know when. Meanwhile, your stories here are still inspiring and fun to re-read :)

Admin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.