Sunday 24 January 2010

[OOC] Failure

Perdita thought that not obeying rules was somehow *cool*. Agnes thought that rules like "Don't fall into this huge pit of spikes" were there for a purpose.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum)

I am fucking annoyed right now, annoyed at my failure to kill a Drake.

It seems my ISK farming friends have returned to Ingunn to run combat missions, we spotted three Drakes earlier and probed them out, killed two of them, this made me happy.

Three Drakes appear in Gus again, but different characters. I decide to take the Dramiel for a spin, chance my luck and maybe get something epic out of the deal.

I warp to the mission site, it's still there, with the three Drakes inside. In I go, bursting out of warp a mere 4 clicks off the closest I light it up and attack, drones out, guns spitting hot death. The two that aren't tackled warp out, leaving me with my prize.

I'm fast enough and small enough to evade most incoming damage, that is until the fucking Gistii rats decide to fucking web me down to 300m/s.

FUCK OFF YOU DIRTY FUCKING BASTARDS, THIS IS MY FUCKING KILL AND YOU'RE FUCKING RUINING IT.

I start to take heavy damage, my shields are gone, I'm getting dangerously close to hull damage. I decide to warp out, abandoning three drones and my prize entering structure.

SWEET ZOMBIE FUCKING JESUS.

I was so close to an epic kill, so what if it was a 15 day old character? It was a 15 day old character in a Drake, in a mission, in my lowsec.

Fuck you CCP, why do NPC rats have ewar that never fails, ewar that webs you down to a fraction of your speed, ewar that can damp you from a gazillion miles away?

You keep nerfing us players in an attempt to balance the game but then leave these mindless automatons with the ewar of fucking Chuck Norris.

I'm gonna go sulk some more now, y'all stay classy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is always the problem. Frigate-sized rats that can lock and jam you from 200 km away. Webs that still operate above 90% speed reduction.

Anonymous said...

Pirate tears are even sweeter than carebear tears. What did you expect? Stopping the NPCs attacking all players in that pocket until you are done ganking missionrunners? NPCs are what they are. If you can't deal with them stay docked, but runnig to CCP whining about game mechanics is a joke. Perhaps you want to rethink your tactics after letting go 3 targets and warp out in struchture with no gank at all.

Xeross said...

This doesn't make sense either, the AI should be tweaked to attack threats to the NPCs not the person that is killing those threats.

Kane Rizzel said...

To the anonymous poster above Xeross: I'm not running to CCP crying about my failure, I'm venting on MY BLOG. Unlike carebears we're man enough to know when we fail and don't run to the forums at every opportunity, the fact that NPCs were involved just gave it a bit of color. If you're too dumb to realise certain things about my writing style then I fear you may never "Get It".

Also, please be so kind as to post using a name, anonymity just makes you look like a coward.

Anonymous said...

These things are the only thing still making missions *slightly* challenging... The risk that NPC ewar will screw you over if you try something else then a ridiculous cap-stable tank. Give the NPC sleeper AI and they won't need ridiculous ewar...

tnankie said...

well I have to say I also laughed when I read this, now I realise he may have been taking the piss a little but I still laughed hard at a fairly epic fail on a grifers behalf (yes you 'I am a solo priate' unless I don't feel like it)

Mandrill said...

For future reference: Tackle the ship that has the aggro.

That is all :)

Kane Rizzel said...

For future reference, some missions aggro in stages.

That is all

Dalantech said...

Uh, you just called an anonymous poster a coward when you attacked a 15 day old character who was probably outfitted for PVE instead of PVP...

It doesn't matter where you cry, tears are tears...

Kane Rizzel said...

I really do wish people would actually read what I type, especially the first line of this blog, shit, the title should be a clear indication.

And yes, posting anonymously is cowardice. Are they scared of repercussions of posting a negative comment on a blog about internet spaceships? Grow up, really