Tuesday 26 January 2010

Oops

People who used magic without knowing what they were doing usually came to a sticky end. All over the entire room, sometimes.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)

Remember yesterday when I said:

"The respec has done wonders for this amazing looking vessel and I'm going to fly it to death."


Well, I did.

Fell for bait, got blobbed and exploded, they managed to get my pod and the 150million ISK bounty.

:(

It wasn't a truly remarkable fight, as I didn't get a chance to fight back with the Falcon about. I felt so helpless as more and more people warped into the belt to point and laugh.













But, have no fear my loyal reader, it has been rebuilt, new implants installed, been a while since I was podded and let me tell you it wasn't pretty :P

They even called me a n00b, which almost hurt my feelings.

So with a rather large amount of blobs flying about the area tonight and me unable to contain my eagerness to engage everything I decided it was probably best to just dock up. Three blobs, one loss, I suppose that isn't too bad.

Stay Classy

10 comments:

Zanaraxtarus said...

Sad to see that wonderful ship go.. At least you got your money's worth out of 'er (several times over, from the sounds of things)

Gotta say, you're one of the people that got me started in EVE and solo-piracy is the most, legal, fun anyone can have!

Anytime someone tells me it's a pointless dream to hope for a successful solo roam, I refer them to your blog!

Keep writing!

Zanaraxtarus said...

Hehe....

Just reread my post...

Only in EVE can someone refer to piracy as "legal" :)

Love this game!

Velocity Prime said...

At least the booze and the exotic dancers made it.

I'd call it a marginal win.

Zanaraxtarus said...

Marginal??!!??

I'd call that a damn-near total win!

;-)

Logan Fyreite said...

That is exactly what I was going to say re: the dancer and booze. Now she is dancing for a different captain. You must liberate her! Good job keeping the solo dream alive!

Perseus Kallistratos said...

Look at it as a toast that there are that many people on your killmail. Takes a pack to drop you.

Anonymous said...

That a crap load of ppl...

Tralna Minita said...

I understand all the other stuff, but what are you doing with the cattle?

Shame about the loss though, it has been great fun reading about its successes :)

Kane Rizzel said...

Got to have steak on a long roam ;)

Enyo Bellona said...

So...if i had all caldari T1 ship skills to lvl V and had good missile skills...what would be a decent caldari ship to attempt a solo pvp attempt? No worries i am training amarr atm.