Thursday 16 December 2010

The Noob

"Idiot I may be, but tied up I ain't."
-- Gaspode the wonder dog
(Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)

"Maelstrom class battleship in Eifer, running a mission for Vir Honn"

Good old Vir, always kind enough to throw us some business every now and again.

An associate is immediately asked if she would be so kind as to pinpoint the location of said battleship as I made preperations for negotiations.

Havelock Vetinari, my Bhaalgorn class intrument of destruction is prepped and soon I'm heading towards the Eifer gate, as I land I get a call "Target loacted, warp to me on jump"

I jump in and warp to my associates loaction. I land a mere 19clicks off but no matter, I open negotitions for the contents of the Maelstrom. Tackled, neuted and being hit by Mega Pulse laser fire, the Maelstrom starts to vent fuel and atmosphere into space, soon just a wreck is left as the escape pod warps off.

I examine the contents if the wreck and grab that which is of worth and warp out, content in the knowledge of a job well done.

It's only once I examine the killmail and the that which I looted that I noticed a terrible error...

Seems I grabbed most everything except the most valuable item, a Caldari Navy Shield Boost Amplifier.

Keira is not going to be happy, but hey, I'm Kane Rizzel, even I make mistakes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woooops. I've been there too, though. It happens.

Nursultan said...

This is why I hate using cap boosted ships for ganks: not enough cargo room.
I also try to bookmark every wreck that I haven't completely looted before warping off.

Flashfresh said...

YIKES. Am sure you went back and reclaimed it? I mean, would anyone be foolish enough to steal the loot from you? If so, they too, must die.

Miura Bull said...

There must be quite a few of these cases in the world of loot grabbing as I've come across so many unclaimed riches in my time. The best loot that I 'found' was a faction pimped stealth bomber. I chased up the killmail and the only items taken from the hold were a shit-ton of torps. =)

ps - I love the Terry Pratchett quotes at the start of your blog posts.

MB.