Sunday 9 December 2012

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??!!

 "'E's fighting in there!" he stuttered, grabbing the captain's arm.
"All by himself?" said the captain.
"No, with everyone!" shouted Nobby, hopping from one foot to the other.
-- Making Friends and Hitting People
(Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!)


I have never supported the idea of Arenas in EVE, I never had a need to, as the 1/10 and 2/10 plexes always supplied what I thought were Arenas, but made so by the players themselves.

So now that CCP have taken away player made arenas without a proper explanation, even though we, the arena Gladiators, have specifically asked for one and been ignored.
I propose Combat Arenas be introduced into the systems  that were home to the 2/10s that allow only frigates and destroyer hulls inside, anything outside, but no cloaks... At all.

Not sure how to make them worthwhile, the 2/10s, whilst not massive ISK printers, could always lure players who wanted to try their hand at some lowsec shenanigans without risking their shiny big ships, which is why they were perfect meeting spots for rascally types to violence each other.
Don't know about the highsec plexes but the lowsec plexes were policed by the players, even with the limited resources we had available to us to do so, but anybody who tried to run the 2/10 in Gus whilst I was online knows exactly what can happen.

I even have a name for these Arenas, [Insert System Name] Coliseum, Maybe have a point system whereby you score a single point for each gladiatorial kill and lose a point foe each death made inside the coliseum, with a built in ranking system.

Or scratch the ranking system, not sure I like that idea, but anyways, this is just something I've been thinking about.

I'm still out there, in space, doing my thing, having some fun with some rather unconventional ships, and I'm loving the new gate gun mechanics.

4 comments:

Nursultan said...

FW plexes sort of work like that but of course they are not everywhere.

Kane Rizzel said...

Not a fan of faction warfare, And this way there's no potential LP farming or ISK farming.
Just want my plex back :( Gus is now just another waypoint for travellers with not a one stopping by to sample the exotic fruits that once hung from her branches.

Yuzuki Katayanagi said...

2/10 plexes: Either the best fights or good ISK

How ever will I pay for my toys now?

Flashfresh said...

I too will miss the 1/10 and 2/10 especially that one in Gusandall too. However, Kane my dear fellow; you will adapt as you have always done. Top Alpha Predator that you are!