Monday 10 February 2014

Pit Stop

Perdita thought that not obeying rules was somehow *cool*. Agnes thought that rules like "Don't fall into this huge pit of spikes" were there for a purpose.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Carpe Jugulum) 


Perfect scanning skills has increased my range and the Astero has helped with it's versatility. It is not a solowtfpwnmobile but as a boat of violence it has quickly become one of my favourites.

I was scanning the area for likely honey pots when I found a lowsec wormhole in Ingunn that led to a system in Lonetrek. A quick scan of the system showed one honeypot and a few other wormholes but it was the dscan that piqued my interest, a lone Harpy assault frigate.

My current fit was the relic/data runner hunter with dual scrams and dual propulsion, I would need to refit quickly. I drop cloak, launch a Mobile Depot, wait for it to online, all the while watching the dscan like a hawk... The Harpy was belt ratting.

The depot onlines and my pit stop to refit commences. I drop a scram and the microwarp drive for a tracking disruptor and a stasis webifier. The Harpy disappears off scan, I warp towards the belts out of scan rage and hope for the best. Once in scan rage the Harpy appears again and I land in the belt with him, he warps to the next belt just as lock resolves, I follow.

In the next belt I land on the Harpy at zero, not the best place to be against a ship with neutron blasters, lock resolves and all mods glow green, I quickly gain range but even with a tracking disruptor my armour starts to take a beating, I move a bit further out and start to orbit. His damage eases and my repper claws back my armour, his shields are strong, my hobgoblins are very slowly chewing through them.

The Harpy wakes up and starts to target my drones, I start to draw them in and micro manage, but each time his shields recover as my damage drops. So I just start to deploy a new drone each time one drops. Eventually at half shields he's killed eight hobgoblins so I start to deploy warriors. His sheilds start to dip further, he's tanked against thermal.

My Warriors beat his shields down, they tear through his armour and eviscerate his hull. He warps his escape pod out sharpish.

A great little skirmish. I warp back to the wormhole entrance, refit and scoop my mobile depot, jump back to Ingunn and go home.

Also, Here's a reminder of the Battal Probe's sheer awesomeness. Seems Harpy's are what's for dinner of late.

And the mighty Lady Shaniqua is back. Be afraid... Be very, very afraid!

No comments: