Monday 17 March 2014

Tweaking the Rifter and illegal mining

In all, I've had seventeen demands for your badge. Some want parts of your body attached. Why did you have to upset everybody?
-- Lord Vetinari reproves Vimes.

(Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay) 



Mr Sard "I don't need no Bastion" Caid has called me out, a once proud Rifter warrior blogging about ships other than the Rifter, but have no fear, a recent update to the systems of the once mighty frigate have me flying my favourite iconic ship once again, I have however found a slight flaw... It doesn't do well when there are more of them than there are of me.

I am however confident than in a 1v1 situation I may be able to pick off most other frigates

Kane Rizzel > gf
Sarcos > gf
Johnny Twelvebore > apologies for the blob:) << There were only three of them and I almost had the rail Atron
Kane Rizzel > np :)


This is the second loss in Evati, yesterday a Firetail narrowly escaped in 10% hull when his destroyer friend exploded me whilst I was busy violencing his vessel. Seems Faction Warfare has picked up as the numbers flying about would seem to indicate that I will be hard pressed to find the mythical 1v1 the Rifter so desperately craves.

So I headed back to Gusandall to fit another Rifter but a lone miner was reported in Eifer with a broken tail light, so I boarded my Police ship and went to investigate

EVE System > Channel changed to Local : Eifer
Kane Rizzel > good afternoon sir
Kane Rizzel > I am from the space police
Kane Rizzel > do you have a permit to mine this rock?
LETSMINESTUFF > the space police?
LETSMINESTUFF > Let me see your concord badge sir.
Kane Rizzel > look at my space police lights sir
LETSMINESTUFF > oh dude
LETSMINESTUFF > your ship really has police lights on it
LETSMINESTUFF > where did you get that
Kane Rizzel > that is correct sir
hck ruffneck > Police Pursuit Comet Blueprint
Kane Rizzel > now licence and registration
LETSMINESTUFF > Sigh
LETSMINESTUFF > hold on its in my glove box
LETSMINESTUFF > I.. I cant find it
Kane Rizzel > may I remind sir that it is illegal to have open alcoholic beverages in the pod of your mining vessel
LETSMINESTUFF > >_>
LETSMINESTUFF > I have no alcohol in my ship
LETSMINESTUFF > (POUR IT OUT POUR IT OUT)
Kane Rizzel > box of twinkies and a can of gas and I'll let sir off with a warning, or if you tell me a joke that makes me laugh
LETSMINESTUFF > hmmm
LETSMINESTUFF > A man walks into a psychiatrists office naked wrapped in nothing but clingwrap
LETSMINESTUFF > The shrink walks out and says
LETSMINESTUFF > Sir... I can clearly see you
LETSMINESTUFF > you're nuts
Kane Rizzel > HAHA, good day to you sir

Kane Rizzel > o7
LETSMINESTUFF > o/


Sure I didn't make any money or make any explosions but sometimes I just want to see the universe smile.

Back to Rifters, The Riftering is still going to happen, I have a lot of things to deal with at the moment, least of all is working six days a week, so as soon as I can set a date I will do so and make all other arrangements, I'm so looking forward to finally being able to confirm it and actually getting it going.

1 comment:

Miura Bull said...

Is Johnny Twelvebore the most apologetic blobber in the game? :p

I have had that apology before and sometimes on entering local I see him apologising to others. lel