Monday 9 June 2008

Huh?

Jayne: "We're gonna explode? I don't wanna explode."

Mal: "Jayne, how many weapons you plannin' on takin'? You only got the two arms."

Jayne: "Well I just get excitable as to choice, like to have my options open."

Mal: "I don't plan on any shooting taking place during this job."

Jayne: "Yeah well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar."


24 hours of darkness

Supplies are laid in, the generator is fuelled and I got some choice holoreels for entertainment. It's always weird when the stations shut down all but critical services for maintenance and refurbishment. Everything is shut down, besides the life support and there's no way to to use the docking services so nothing to do besides hole up in the hangar and relax. The silence is astounding, the continual hum and vibration of the station disappears for 24 hours.

Had a middling few days, had a very good fight against some pilots from The Cooperative, no losses on our side and 5 kills all in all, although I only managed to squeeze onto two killmails.
A few other kills here and there, the loss of a Taranis to bugged sentries and the piece de resistance, a carrier kill under strange circumstances.

Bad boys, bad boys, what ya gonna do? what ya gonna do when they log on you?

"There's a Nidhoggur in Eifer"

Five words uttered into an Intel channel, enough to stir the hornets nest in Gusandall and the station undock got very busy, my Sleipnir nearly colliding with the others in our haste. Seven pilots were racing to get to Eifer, with a few more en route to join. The Carrier was tracked to a planet and tackled by a Vagabond pilot from Pandemic Legion, the rest of us in warp. I burst out of warp as the Nid's pilot decided to log his critical systems to save his ship, of course this wasn't going to help and we went to work. A carrier's tank should have taken the assembled ships a while to chew through but surprisingly his shields disappeared very quickly, his armour the same. I held my fire as he hit half structure to allow the rest of the guys rushing to join the kill a chance to get a shot in. Unfortunately not everyone got the message and the carrier exploded in a brilliant flash, his escape pod warping out instantly as the automated systems had taken over.

Unfortunately for the Nid's pilot there was a very talented covert ops pilot in system and his corpse now resides in "The Morgue"

The killmail revealed why it went down so quickly, it had no modules fitted. It just boggles the mind that someone would jump into a stationless system, with no support and zero tank.

I would have preferred a fight, hell anything but a logoffski. I guess I'm just annoyed that the kill cost us ammo and we have nothing to show for it. Carrier kills tend to pay off well and the ISK could certainly be used but c'est la vie. I returned to Gusandall and docked up, making sure everything was in place for the long dark, Keira too had docked up and had just made some tea. It's the first time in a long time she had disembarked from her Claymore, that girl is seemingly glued to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always read stuff about Carriers with interest, as I will soon have the (proper) skills to fly one.

Stories like this scare me frankly, they're damn expensive. However, I'd never dream of going anywhere in an un-modded, un-drone'd/ fighter'd carrier!