Tuesday 21 February 2012

Blast!

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)


Whilst chasing a capsuleer that had recently taken to try and farm plexes in the area, I spot a Raven and Drake idling on the Endrulf gate in Eifer. I race back to Gus, grab my Megathron and head back.

Admiral Akbar was shouting at me but I wanted a fight, I would either get it, with a bunch of people, or the supposed bait would simply jump to the high security system where technically I couldn't go

After engaging a few times at the gate, hero tanking to try and get them to fight, them jumping to highsec and back again, the Raven warps to Gus gate, sweet, no jumping to highsec any more, I will fight you there, he could of course still jump out but he'd be jumping to Gusandall and would have to come back this way if he wanted to get home.

I start the shooting, local spikes, another Drake, a Cynabal and a...





No, not a Falcon, something far more worse...





A Curse.






FUCK


Oh well, I carry on shooting the Raven but my capacitor is done for, no guns, no tank, just a GF in local as I warp my pod to safety.

They hung about, the locals stirring from their slumber, a few friends about, looking for a fight, we engage the Cynabal at the Eifer gate, he jumps out, a bit of smack between us and then me sitting in Eifer 1-1 as bait in an Armageddon, only to kill an Enyo who tried to tackle me, his Merlin friend bailing.

The original Raven and Drake take GCC on the Emol gate engaging CptHaoc's Hurricane but jump into highsec as some of the Gus locals warp to the gate and engage them, both were destroyed by CONCORD and justice was served

The hostile gang eventually move on as The Bastards scouts are spotted in the area.

I would then mistakenly warp to and jump through the Emolgranlan gate to high security space and earn one of my titles yet again, luckily I do it so often I easily get back to the safety of Lowsec.

I'd like to apologise to Sard Caid for losing my Megathron in such a fashion, I should have known better and promise to be more reckless with the next one.

The new Mega is built and ready to be rock


Also have something new to play with, not had a chance to deploy it in anger but look forward to doing so.


4 comments:

Sard Caid said...

ONE CANNOT ACCOUNT FOR THE COWARDLY WILES OF HIGHSEC BEARS. FIGHT ON, MEGA BROTHER-WARRIOR-BALLSTER. MAY MANY AN ENEMY SUCK YOUR NEUTRON.

Afandi said...

Mr. Rizzel, I salute you for the total "I-don't care-if-it's-a-trap" attitude. o7

I did it a few days ago, only to get hotdropped but still, it was worth it.

And a question: how did you get the Enyo? Did he fly straight into you?

CptHaoc said...

i wanted so much to shoot back..
but u were 3 bloody pirates ready to pod my ass too,couldn't take the risk.

Kane Rizzel said...

Yeah, Enyo came right at me :)